Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Saturday, October 31, 2009
So if it isn't shipped already, please sit down now and sew up some lovely pink wonderfulness! You also need to get your box stuffed $15 worth of pink fabulousness!
You then need to chime in and email us and let us know that you DID send it and give a delivery confirmation number so it can be tracked. Believe me that really is important. Then you KNOW where your package is because they can track it down and who had it last.
So if you do all these things we do have a lovely prize for you. Everyone that chimes in with the email to us by Monday night will be entered in the drawing for a lovely apron made by one of our talented swappers, Sveltlana. Go check out her Etsy shop. She makes aprons to DIE FOR.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Winners for the Sign up Contest are:
Number 1 to Addyson's Mommy
Number 2 to Sally Johnson
Number 3 to Kristi Snow
Thursday, October 8, 2009
I've been collecting pink goodies and here they are for the top three promoters:
Passionately Pink gift basket including tote, metal water bottle, journal, pink post its, pink bedazzled cosmetic/pencil case and pink file organizer.
Passionately Pink pampering gifts including body cream, soap and bath beads in a cute adirondack chair holder
Sign ups and this contest end Saturday the 10th at Midnight.
THANK YOU for help in spreading the news. Breast Cancer Awareness is such a worthy cause!
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Passionately Pink Apron Swap
I think it’s safe to say that almost EVERYONE knows somebody who’s had breast cancer – sometimes it’s a co-worker or a best friend, sometimes it’s a close loved one, and sometimes it’s personal. That said, WE as women can help in this fight against breast cancer and raise funds for breast cancer research while encouraging and uplifting each other. And, there’s no better time than October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
So, I told you our latest club swap has a twist. Here it is: you will make TWO Passionately Pink aprons in this swap – one for your assigned partner and will include at least $15 worth of pink goodies to make a fun package; the second apron is for you to somehow leverage for The Cause. For example, my (Shawnee’s) second apron is being given to my friend who’s a breast cancer survivor. Kristi is collecting donations for her Race for the Cure and will put all her donors names into a drawing with one lucky winner receives my Zebra and Hot Pink apron. The possibilities are endless.
• donate your apron to a local clinic to be given to a woman who needs a smile;
• wrap it around a casserole and deliver your apron to someone you know is going through
• auction it off on your website to raise funds to donate toward research;
• make it in memory of someone and give it to her family as a cherished keepsake;
I have formed a team at the Susan G Komen’s Passionately Pink site for us to track our progress; once you’ve signed up for this swap, also join my team so we can track funds raised in this swap. And, at the end, we want to hear your stories of Apron Number Two and see pictures!!
***How to sign up***
Sassy/Flirty Apron Swap - Passionately Pink Apron Swap
Last day to sign-up - October 10, 2009
Last Day to Ship Packages - October 30, 2009
Once again we have an on-line registration form and participation fee. Half of the fees will be donated to Breast Cancer research, half will be held for prizes and angel packages. To sign up, go to the side bar and choose to join Team Shawnee or Team Lucy (teams make no difference in swap partners, just divides up the work for us). Clicking on the Team Button will take you to the pay pal page where you will pay your swap fee of $10. After paying the fee, you will then be taken to the swap registration form. Fill that out and you will start getting emails about the swap and what to do from there. If you have something you'd like to donate as a prize (preferably pink or breast cancer logo'd), then your registration fee is only $8.
This cause is so close to our hearts. PLEASE, grab an image and post about this swap on your blogs, tweet your little hearts out, call your buddies .... let’s set a record with the number of participants this time around!! If you have any questions, please let either Lucy or Shawnee know right away!
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Friday, May 29, 2009
We have a wonderful giveaway for you. Actually we have a few to give.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Hi Busy Bees!!! Michelle from Busy Bee Quilt Designs is providing our next two prizes -- first, the infamous Lilly Apron Pattern.
Isn't this so cute? I've seen this made up in a variety of fabrics and it's always a winner. I made one myself in my last swap and it was very well received.
OR, maybe you prefer half-aprons? If so, you're gonna love this French Flea Market Apron.
I own this pattern, too, and I really like how it's assembled and major full coverage going on.
Both of these patterns are so flexible and will come out entirely different depending on the fabrics chosen. If YOU want to win one of these, please leave us a message about WHICH pattern you really want and WHY you like it best. For FIVE extra entries, send Michelle a "Thank You for the Prizes" email at "busybeedesigns at comcast.net" (fix the formatting), then leave a second message here telling us you did.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
My name is Laura G. Originally from Colorado, Now I live in Georgia! Wife of 16years & Mom of 2! I homeschool My Children, Love it! Although there are somedays "Calgon" just doesn't do the trick:) I have 3 Etsy shops, since I do Not work Outside the home!
BEELICIOUS is Fabric & Patterns:D I am So Addicted to Fabric & Patterns, it's a wonder I actually let them go.
sweetlittlelady is Vintage items:D My other Addiction is "Junkin" as I call it.
sewtosew is Items that I have made:D I don't have a lot of time for this poor little shop! I'm too busy Sewing Aprons! Ha!
EXTRA ENTRIES - Everyone who visits Laura's Etsy site(s) and leaves a comment here about what you LOVE from her shop by midnight Wednesday, May 28, gets an extra entry. Purchase anything from Laura (just leave me a separate comment) gets FIVE extra entries!
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Once you've found the answers, send your responses to email@example.com --- FIRST participants with all the correct answer wins, based on the time/date stamp of your email. You may also post comments on this post, but only answers emailed in will be considered. Prize package info to be posted by Lucy!!
- She's hosting a beach themed apron swap on SwapBot
- She joined a paperback book swap not long ago
- She recently sent an apron to sunny Florida
- This mommy of three boys crafts the most feminine aprons
- She made TWO vintage aprons recently - one for her partner and one for Shawnee
- She's new to swapping but has one under her belt already!
- She received a pink apron in her last swap AND has already received this one
- This swapper is getting ready to move, AND loves to repurpose old clothes
- This multi-talented swappers also knits and gardens, and is in a Harry Potter event
- This swapper thinks Eight is Great
- In addition to sewing, she also creates custom stationery
- She may need treatment for her addiction to sewing yoyos.
- She designs blogs in addition to crafting aprons
- She recently shared a candle tutorial with blogland
- Her life is served with a glass of milk on the side
- This crafter knits in public and has pictures to show it!
- She recently visited Switzerland and Germany
- This creative swappers hosts vintage swaps
- She's trying to decide on a name for her new car
- Her bucket list has 101 things on it!
- She crafted a mother-daughter apron set for a co-worker
- This crazy mommy of one little boy and two big messy doggies made a skirt recently in addition to all her fun aprons
- This country gal has kitties, birdies, sheep and more
- She regularly hosts swaps and giveaway all while going to school AND working
- Her doggie Bert loves popcorn
- A car ran into this swapper's home recently
- This gal has been drinking Sassy Water
- She is queen of apron tutorials!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Lucy has been hard at work sending out partner match emails. Rush over and check your boxes - be sure to reply within 48 hours to be eligible for our FIRST marvelous prize!!
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Thursday, April 23, 2009
With spring in full swing in most parts of the Northern hemisphere, we would like to do a Garden themed apron swap. This swap is meant to be a little "Green". With a tight economy we are focusing our attention this round on how be a little more self sufficient. A garden is a great way to save a few bucks and help produce some lovely fresh food for your self and your family as well.
We will be posting garden tutorials and links here from big gardens right down to things you can grow on your counter top. Everyone should be able to find something to grow. :o)
The aprons to go along with this theme are Gardening aprons. These can be multi pocketed bib or half style aprons for holding seed packets, gardening tools, gloves, and such. Or it can be the big gathering aprons for bringing in produce, collecting eggs, carrying weeds to the compost and more. We have also included a garden party apron category if you would rather swap that type. So when you sign up be sure to let us know what kind of apron you are interested in swapping.
***How to sign up***
Sassy/Flirty Apron Swap - Busy Bee Club Garden Apron Swap
Last day to sign-up May 6th, 2009
Last Day to Ship Packages - May 30th, 2009
Once again we have an on-line registration form and participation fee.
To sign up, go to the side bar and choose to join Team Shawnee or Team Lucy (teams make no difference in swap partners, just divides up the work for us.)
Clicking on the Team Button will take you to the pay pal page where you will pay your swap fee. After paying the fee you will be taken to a registration form. Fill that out and you will start getting emails about the swap and what to do from there.
Then, save your favorite swap badge and post on your own blog!
If you have any questions, please let either Lucy or Shawnee know right away!
Here is one more thing we would like you to consider before joining this swap:
To join in this swap you don’t have to be an expert seamstress, but you do need to be experienced enough to pull a nice apron off. We expect an apron that would pass in 8th Grade Home Economics - not an "A" but at least passable.
We don’t want to get too fussy here and scare anyone off. As Lucy says, we love to see the work of new seamstresses and have had some as partners in swaps and have loved the work they do. It is fresh and full of enthusiasm.
If you feel that your work is not good enough, you can also swap an apron made by another crafter. There are many at Etsy worth buying from. Just be sure to give credit where it is due and honor the apron artist!
Friday, February 27, 2009
We picked three winners for the prizes for filling out the survey.
The winners are..
....the Mama Byrd's Sweetheart Apron Pattern.
Beverly E. she won.....
The Sassy Apron Pattern.
Grace B. she won.....
The I love you board from Angelic.
Thank you all for participating in the swap. You were fabulous!
Monday, February 23, 2009
As we have been wrapping up things here at the SSEN apron swap, both Shawnee and I have started new apron swaps.
My new apron swap is the Tea for Two apron swap. The theme of course, is tea parties. You will get a partner and will swap a tea party inspired apron and fun tea party things. This is a smaller swap than I usually do which will be fun and it isn't a secret swap you will know who your partner is.
The sign-ups for this swap end of Friday Feb 27th. If you are interested go over to the Sassy Apron Swap Blog to get all the details and to register to join.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
For those that fill out the survey we will be having a final drawing. We have a couple of things left to give away. We will pick winners from the surveys returned. You just fill them out on-line.
Here are a couple of the things we have to give you.
A copy of the Mama Byrd Sweetheart apron pattern.
A copy of the Mama Byrd Sassy Apron Pattern.
A fabulous "I Love You" board from Angelic.
Please have your surveys turned back in by Monday night.
Thank you, all of you, for making this swap such a success! You have been such a wonderful group of swappers.
Sunday, February 15, 2009
I found some new patterns and the designer is a sweetheart!!! Mary Mulari has been in the sewing industry for a long time and she's got some great vintage reproduction patterns that I had never seen before. (Mary is coming to the Sewing Expo in Puyallup, WA Feb 26-Mar 1 - I can't wait to meet her. I'll be there on Saturday, and I'd love to meet any apron swappers that will be there too!!) Check these out:
These Clothespin Aprons a bit different than the patterns I've seen before, especially her full coverage version:
This is her No Strings Apron, a unique style that uses two one-yard cuts of fabric:
A "Wrap Front" pattern that fits comfortably around the neck and then adjust ties:
The reversible "Church Ladies" apron that would be so cute in coordinating designer fabrics like Amy Butler or Sandi Farmer:
And, her newest "Newfangled Reversible Aprons" -- this one pattern package includes three adult apron patterns, one childs apron, a doll apron and a pattern for those cute dishwashing detergent bottle aprons, too.
One lucky Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice Swapper will win a "Newfangled Apron Pattern" -- How??
#1 Everyone who POSTS A PICTURE on the Flickr page (or sends us one to post for you) will be entered.
#2 You get a second entry for going to Mary's website, drooling over all her goodies, and coming back here and telling us which of her patterns is your favorite.
#3 You can get your name entered a third time by posting a blurb about her patterns/website on your blog and posting a comment here telling us that you did.
Giveaway ends Sunday night, February 15.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Now, we're on to the final task of being sure all packages are received safe and sound. Please remember one of the final swap requirements is to send a thank you email/note and to copy/email Lucy and Shawnee so we know that you have received your apron. Please look at your name on the right sidebar and tell us asap if we need to change something! Our goal was that all packages be IN HAND by Valentines Day. I'm crossing fingers and toes!!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Two prizes from Designer Debye Castleberry
As the owner and designer for C Berry Baby, Debye is a stay at home mom to three very energetic boys. Sewing and crafting has become a welcome "girly" escape from a life full of grass stains, lizards, snail races and video games!The pattern has instructions for three different sizes. The “Little Sis” is the toddler through pre-schooler version and will hold up to 14 crayons. The “Big Sis” crayon aprons are made to fit pre-school and school-age children and will hold up to 18 crayons. I have also included sizing for a “Mommy” craft apron which is not only great for mother and daughter sets but also makes an excellent gift for teachers!
Debye has more copies of this versatile pattern in her Etsy store. Tell her you found out about her here!
AND, this stylish ladies craft apron handmade by Debye C with fabric from Amy Butlers Midwest Modern line.
Additionally, we're sending off this sign made by Angelic. Isn't this SWEET??? More goodies like this can be custom made from her website!
The lucky winner who sent in the greatest number of correct answers earliest:
Kristiina B !!!!!!!
Here are answers for those interested:
1. She leads a supper swapping group in her spare time Shawnee
2. She is a busy mama of many, and designs amazing apron patterns Lucy
3. She made a soccer team quilt for her son Simone
4. Is the owner of an espresso machine named Giovanni Carrie
5. favorite holiday memory was traveling to LA to visit grandparents Solidia
6. CeCe Winans is on her playlist Carlotta
7. Michigan gal received an apron from Australia Shari V
8. This designer and decorator is Ni-Ni to her grandson Heidi
9. The Alaskan Elinor Dashwood Becca
10. She sells sewing machine/serger organizers that are adorable Laura G
11. Designs amazing one-of-a-kind necklaces, plus gorgeous aprons Nadine
12. She's a fan of blabbery Karen B
13. Who had three Christmas trees, one on a tea cart? Teresa A
14. She blogs about her family of five and homeschools as well Glenda
15. She tucks a box of avocados into every swap Nicki P
16. This blogger uses a red wrought cookbook holder to display apron patterns Kelly K
17. A gal with sassitude Janet C
18. Bootsy is her sewing mascot Christy S
19. Made a trip to the ER thanks to a rotary cutter incident Diane O
20. A sailor's wife Toebi
21. Has a Christmas eve raclette tradition Tulsi
22. A one post wonder Kristi S
23. Had her wisdom teeth removed in 2008 Tammy S
24. Who writes about warping and fishing? Angel S
25. Who is inspired to sit at the sewing machine and cry? Cynthia H
26. Lets people vote on her swap themes Tracey W or Marcel
27. Designer of exquisite childrens clothing Molly O
28. She recently saw a "dear" flying down the highway! Jennifer J
29. A full-time firefighter and cosmetologist, she looks like a pinup girl! Bev E
30. Sugar plum fairy pig danced on her blog Terisa BH
31. Who is a guitar hero junkie? Beth G
32. Who has been a foster parent to a labrador? Betsy
33. This gal has a very large cross collection Brenda W
34. She has an evening dress apron in the new magazine Apronology Sherry B
35. Anxiously awaiting Apronology magazine Debbie K
36. She made a LOLA apron for her SSEN partner! Paige E
37. She's hosting an Amy Butler Bag Swap Suzee A
38. Everyone's favorite aunt Marcel
39. Her little guy had a medical scare at dinnertime (all's well) Lisa L
40. She posted pictures of aprons made, won and received Shannon T
41. She lives on a farm in the panhandle Amy H
42. Spent her anniversary in Savannah Janelle L
43. She's from up north and also teaches classes to mommies Irene R
44. She's been known to craft at 3am Desiree S
45. She just sewed her own undergarments! Heidi M
46. Her family moved into a new home on the 20th Susannah B