Friday, February 27, 2009
We picked three winners for the prizes for filling out the survey.
The winners are..
....the Mama Byrd's Sweetheart Apron Pattern.
Beverly E. she won.....
The Sassy Apron Pattern.
Grace B. she won.....
The I love you board from Angelic.
Thank you all for participating in the swap. You were fabulous!
Monday, February 23, 2009
As we have been wrapping up things here at the SSEN apron swap, both Shawnee and I have started new apron swaps.
My new apron swap is the Tea for Two apron swap. The theme of course, is tea parties. You will get a partner and will swap a tea party inspired apron and fun tea party things. This is a smaller swap than I usually do which will be fun and it isn't a secret swap you will know who your partner is.
The sign-ups for this swap end of Friday Feb 27th. If you are interested go over to the Sassy Apron Swap Blog to get all the details and to register to join.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
For those that fill out the survey we will be having a final drawing. We have a couple of things left to give away. We will pick winners from the surveys returned. You just fill them out on-line.
Here are a couple of the things we have to give you.
A copy of the Mama Byrd Sweetheart apron pattern.
A copy of the Mama Byrd Sassy Apron Pattern.
A fabulous "I Love You" board from Angelic.
Please have your surveys turned back in by Monday night.
Thank you, all of you, for making this swap such a success! You have been such a wonderful group of swappers.
Sunday, February 15, 2009
I found some new patterns and the designer is a sweetheart!!! Mary Mulari has been in the sewing industry for a long time and she's got some great vintage reproduction patterns that I had never seen before. (Mary is coming to the Sewing Expo in Puyallup, WA Feb 26-Mar 1 - I can't wait to meet her. I'll be there on Saturday, and I'd love to meet any apron swappers that will be there too!!) Check these out:
These Clothespin Aprons a bit different than the patterns I've seen before, especially her full coverage version:
This is her No Strings Apron, a unique style that uses two one-yard cuts of fabric:
A "Wrap Front" pattern that fits comfortably around the neck and then adjust ties:
The reversible "Church Ladies" apron that would be so cute in coordinating designer fabrics like Amy Butler or Sandi Farmer:
And, her newest "Newfangled Reversible Aprons" -- this one pattern package includes three adult apron patterns, one childs apron, a doll apron and a pattern for those cute dishwashing detergent bottle aprons, too.
One lucky Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice Swapper will win a "Newfangled Apron Pattern" -- How??
#1 Everyone who POSTS A PICTURE on the Flickr page (or sends us one to post for you) will be entered.
#2 You get a second entry for going to Mary's website, drooling over all her goodies, and coming back here and telling us which of her patterns is your favorite.
#3 You can get your name entered a third time by posting a blurb about her patterns/website on your blog and posting a comment here telling us that you did.
Giveaway ends Sunday night, February 15.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Now, we're on to the final task of being sure all packages are received safe and sound. Please remember one of the final swap requirements is to send a thank you email/note and to copy/email Lucy and Shawnee so we know that you have received your apron. Please look at your name on the right sidebar and tell us asap if we need to change something! Our goal was that all packages be IN HAND by Valentines Day. I'm crossing fingers and toes!!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Two prizes from Designer Debye Castleberry
As the owner and designer for C Berry Baby, Debye is a stay at home mom to three very energetic boys. Sewing and crafting has become a welcome "girly" escape from a life full of grass stains, lizards, snail races and video games!The pattern has instructions for three different sizes. The “Little Sis” is the toddler through pre-schooler version and will hold up to 14 crayons. The “Big Sis” crayon aprons are made to fit pre-school and school-age children and will hold up to 18 crayons. I have also included sizing for a “Mommy” craft apron which is not only great for mother and daughter sets but also makes an excellent gift for teachers!
Debye has more copies of this versatile pattern in her Etsy store. Tell her you found out about her here!
AND, this stylish ladies craft apron handmade by Debye C with fabric from Amy Butlers Midwest Modern line.
Additionally, we're sending off this sign made by Angelic. Isn't this SWEET??? More goodies like this can be custom made from her website!
The lucky winner who sent in the greatest number of correct answers earliest:
Kristiina B !!!!!!!
Here are answers for those interested:
1. She leads a supper swapping group in her spare time Shawnee
2. She is a busy mama of many, and designs amazing apron patterns Lucy
3. She made a soccer team quilt for her son Simone
4. Is the owner of an espresso machine named Giovanni Carrie
5. favorite holiday memory was traveling to LA to visit grandparents Solidia
6. CeCe Winans is on her playlist Carlotta
7. Michigan gal received an apron from Australia Shari V
8. This designer and decorator is Ni-Ni to her grandson Heidi
9. The Alaskan Elinor Dashwood Becca
10. She sells sewing machine/serger organizers that are adorable Laura G
11. Designs amazing one-of-a-kind necklaces, plus gorgeous aprons Nadine
12. She's a fan of blabbery Karen B
13. Who had three Christmas trees, one on a tea cart? Teresa A
14. She blogs about her family of five and homeschools as well Glenda
15. She tucks a box of avocados into every swap Nicki P
16. This blogger uses a red wrought cookbook holder to display apron patterns Kelly K
17. A gal with sassitude Janet C
18. Bootsy is her sewing mascot Christy S
19. Made a trip to the ER thanks to a rotary cutter incident Diane O
20. A sailor's wife Toebi
21. Has a Christmas eve raclette tradition Tulsi
22. A one post wonder Kristi S
23. Had her wisdom teeth removed in 2008 Tammy S
24. Who writes about warping and fishing? Angel S
25. Who is inspired to sit at the sewing machine and cry? Cynthia H
26. Lets people vote on her swap themes Tracey W or Marcel
27. Designer of exquisite childrens clothing Molly O
28. She recently saw a "dear" flying down the highway! Jennifer J
29. A full-time firefighter and cosmetologist, she looks like a pinup girl! Bev E
30. Sugar plum fairy pig danced on her blog Terisa BH
31. Who is a guitar hero junkie? Beth G
32. Who has been a foster parent to a labrador? Betsy
33. This gal has a very large cross collection Brenda W
34. She has an evening dress apron in the new magazine Apronology Sherry B
35. Anxiously awaiting Apronology magazine Debbie K
36. She made a LOLA apron for her SSEN partner! Paige E
37. She's hosting an Amy Butler Bag Swap Suzee A
38. Everyone's favorite aunt Marcel
39. Her little guy had a medical scare at dinnertime (all's well) Lisa L
40. She posted pictures of aprons made, won and received Shannon T
41. She lives on a farm in the panhandle Amy H
42. Spent her anniversary in Savannah Janelle L
43. She's from up north and also teaches classes to mommies Irene R
44. She's been known to craft at 3am Desiree S
45. She just sewed her own undergarments! Heidi M
46. Her family moved into a new home on the 20th Susannah B
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
EVERYONE who mailed their aprons by the mailing deadline, Monday, February 2, had a chance ... all 79 of you! (Great job, ladies, by the way!) I asked Lucy to give me a number between 1 and 79, sorted all eligible swappers in order of registration and counted to #45 ...
THE W-I-N-N-E-R IS ......
Don't think we're done yet, though .... we still have a few more giveaways up our sleeves! The amazingly challenging scavenger hunt is still underway. No one has answered ALL questions yet, so don't give up yet! Send in all the answers you can find and they might be enough.
We're working on a feedback survey, and everyone who completes it will be eligible for prizes, too. We want to know if you're enjoying this swap and if you would come back!
POST, POST, POST pictures on our Flickr Group so we can all share in your joy!!
OH - don't forget to show our sponsors and vendors some love!!! Stop by their blogs and stores, and tell them you appreciate their participation with our swap. Their links are on the sidebar to the right and below ... there's still some time order discounted patterns, fabric, aprons, flower/bulb gifts, pincushions, blog makeovers, Mary Kay products, handcrafted banners, and stamped products.
- CLICK HERE for Link to Vendors and Sponsors Page (partcipants only - email us if you need a new invitation to view)
- Sponsor Amy K
- Sponsor and Vendor Bev, Bevies Bloom
- Sponsor and Vendor Hilary, Simply Yours Designs
- Sponsor and Vendor Sherry, Creations From My Heart
- Sponsor Debye C, C Berry Baby
- Sponsor EllynAnne Geisel, Apron Memories
- Sponsor Lana, Sassy Aprons
- Sponsor Laura, Beelicious: Patterns, fabrics, and lots more
- Sponsor Mary Mulari, Apron and Quilting Patterns
- Sponsor Vicky, My Mom Would Be Proud: aprons and Sew Liberated cottage industry partner
- Vendor Bekah Jennings, Handcrafted banners and more
- Vendor Lucy, Mama Byrd's Sweetheart Apron Pattern
- Vendor Marie-Madeline Studio: Patterns, fabrics, aprons and more
- Vendor Rebecca L, Mary Kay Cosmetics
- Vendor Stamp Queen, Handmade rubber stamped crafts of all sorts
Monday, February 2, 2009
TODAY is the mailing deadline. PLEASE SEND US an update either way ... if you haven't mailed yet, let us know why/when it will go out.
We hope you are all enjoying this new swapping club. To add a little excitement, though, we are going to have a Scavenger Hunt! Below is the list of questions you have to answer. They are about several of your fellow swappers, and can be easily found on the front pages of blogs. However, the questions will be about anyone participating in this swap, so you'll have to check out all the blogs as you search for answers!
Once you've found the answers, send your responses to email@example.com --- FIRST participant with all the correct answer wins, based on the time/date stamp of your email. You may also post comments on this post, but only answers emailed in will be considered.
1. She leads a supper swapping group in her spare time
2. She is a busy mama of many, and designs amazing apron patterns
3. She made a soccer team quilt for her son
4. Is the owner of an espresso machine named Giovanni
5. favorite holiday memory was traveling to LA to visit grandparents
6. CeCe Winans is on her playlist
7. Michigan gal received an apron from Australia
8. This designer and decorator is Ni-Ni to her grandson
9. The Alaskan Elinor Dashwood
10. She sells sewing machine/serger organizers that are adorable
11. Designs amazing one-of-a-kind necklaces, plus gorgeous aprons
12. She's a fan of blabbery
13. Who had three Christmas trees, one on a tea cart?
14. She blogs about her family of five and homeschools as well
15. She tucks a box of avocados into every swap
16. This blogger uses a red wrought cookbook holder to display apron patterns
17. A gal with sassitude
18. Bootsy is her sewing mascot
19. Made a trip to the ER thanks to a rotary cutter incident
20. A sailor's wife
21. Has a Christmas eve raclette tradition
22. A one post wonder
23. Had her wisdom teeth removed in 2008
24. Who writes about warping and fishing?
25. Who is inspired to sit at the sewing machine and cry?
26. Lets people vote on her swap themes
27. Designer of exquisite childrens clothing
28. She recently saw a "dear" flying down the highway!
29. A full-time firefighter and cosmetologist, she looks like a pinup girl!
30. Sugar plum fairy pig danced on her blog
31. Who is a guitar hero junkie?
32. Who has been a foster parent to a labrador?
33. This gal has a very large cross collection
34. She has an evening dress apron in the new magazine Apronology
35. Anxiously awaiting Apronology magazine
36. She made a LOLA apron for her SSEN partner!
37. She's hosting an Amy Butler Bag Swap
38. Everyone's favorite aunt
39. Her little guy had a medical scare at dinnertime (all's well)
40. She posted pictures of aprons made, won and received
41. She lives on a farm in the panhandle
42. Spent her anniversary in Savannah
43. She's from up north and also teaches classes to mommies
44. She's been known to craft at 3am
45. She just sewed her own undergarments!
46. Her family moved into a new home on the 20th
Everyone that gets their apron off by tonight gets a chance at winning the Smoochie Apron made by EllynAnne Geisel, author of The Apron Book.
It is hot and totally fabulous!!
We have a couple of other prizes too for a couple of runners up. Keep watching today to see what apron goodies are coming your way.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
One lucky swapper will receive a FREE premade blog design OR 30% off a custom design, whichever you prefer.
Simply Yours is a blog design shop here to help create a blog design that is your very own. We specialize in personal and business blogs providing each customer a customized design.
In addition to this generous giveaway, All SSEN Swappers may have a 10% discount on any order with Simply Yours during this swap. Simply contact Hilary and mention our special "code".
#1 You already get your name in because you are a Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice (SSEN) apron swapper.
#2 You can get your name in an additional time by posting a comment on this post.
#3 You get a third entry for going to her website, visiting her gallery, and coming back here and telling us which of her items is your favorite.
#4 You can get your name entered a 4th time by posting a blurb about her website on your blog and posting a comment here telling us that you did.
Entries closed midnight on February 2nd!
Friday's winner is
Her prize is.....
A pink fat quarter from Sandi Henderson's Henna Garden in spring.
Saturday's winner is....
her prize is....
A fat quart of Alexander Henry's Heart to Heart in pink (the fabric in the middle)
Sunday's winner is
her prize is...
A fat quart of Alexander Henry's Heart to Heart in pink (the fabric in the middle)
Monday's winner is....
her prize is....
a smoochy cookie cutter
Dawn R mailed her apron package early and is the lucky winner of gloves, teacup pincushion and a gift bag from Creations From My Heart!!!
What girl doesn’t want a designer pair of dish gloves to do her household chores in. These gloves are custom made and each glove is embellished with a Yo-Yo and antique button to give them a one of a kind look that will have you feeling like a million bucks, even when your cleaning your house or washing a silk full of dishes!
All SSEN Swappers may have a 10% discount on any Etsy purchase from Creations From My Heart during this swap. Email / Convo Sherry with your order for your discount and mention our special code!!
I want to get me one of those cute pincushions, and I'll bet you do, too!!